April Clay, the wife of Final Descent Outdoors host Brad Clay has put together 20 signs that it's huntin' season! April and Brad have been married for nearly 13yrs and coming from a non-hunting family all of this took a bit of adjusting. So ladies...here are 20 signs it's hunting season!
1. Your Husband’s idea of quality time or date is checking the trail cameras together or a trip to the gun range.
2.Your laundry has been put on hold because because all camo must be washed and ready. Unfortunately it makes your washer and dryer smell like dirt, old socks, and a hint of deer urine because your husband needs to be one with nature..and scent free.
3. The baby is crying over the monitor at 4:55am and your husband is snoring. 5:00am his alarm goes off and he springs out of bed with a grin on his face, layers in camo, and (loudly) sneaks out of the house to go hunt.
4. You build your backyard landscape around styrofoam targets and life-size animal decoys.
5. You pull out the camo bikini in an attempt to get noticed.
6. Your mailbox is filled daily with Cabela’s magazines, the sportsman’s guide, and Bass Pro catalogs.
7. Your husband leaves a trail of shell casings, animal calls, trail cam memory cards, giant boots, muddy camo and long johns when he comes back home.
8. One of your vehicles is a truck that is constantly covered in mud/grass...inside and out.
9. You had to make sure your life insurance policy included falling from a treestand.
10. Your husband can’t leave the house without his “man make-up” and “scent free”deodorant on.
11. There isn’t enough room on the DVR to record “The Voice” because it has been overtaken by “Pig Man”, “Buck Commander” and some blonde chick named Tiffany. (and hopefully Final Descent Outdoors!!!)
12. The seasons are not marked by climate change...they are organized by animal...Deer Season, Duck Season, Turkey Season...repeat.
13. You fear texting or calling your husband just in case he forgot to turn his phone on silent.
14.You anxiously await a text of a dead animal...only during hunting season is this normal.
15. Your kids get excited about getting new camo to wear so they can go huntin’ with daddy or play dress up and use their nerf gun rifle and daddy’s duck calls. Your poor dog (Remington or other hunting dog appropriate name) doesn’t like it when they pretend he is a big buck.
16. Speaking of names: You might have a child named: Bo, Hunter, Drake, Gage, Bear, Gunner, etc... But make sure your due date doesn’t fall during hunting season if you can...
17. Your begin clearing wall space for another “trophy”. The Laundry room crosses your mind. Antlers could make a great bra-drying “rack”...
18. Your pinterest board fills up with recipes to cook the meat your husband brings home.
19. Your husband spends more time talking to his friends than you talk to yours. Everything from food plots, to the clever names they have given animals they are chasing, trail cam pics, and consoling one another because they came home empty handed again.
20. A shopping trip consists of Dicks Sporting Goods, Cabelas, Bass Pro, or the shady pawn shop that sells ammunition.
Ladies, do you have others to ad to the list? Let us know what other signs are out there that it is huntin' season!